Spinach & Feta Pancake 2.7:1 (Keto)
- In a microwavable bowl, place 1 nugget of frozen spinach and cook on full power for 30 seconds. This should be enough to defrost and partially dry out the spinach, but if there is a lot of water, just squeeze the nugget and drain the water off.
- Crumble the feta cheese into the bowl of spinach and mix until fully combined. Place aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the KetoVie Cafe Kwik Mix and eggs together until thoroughly mixed.
- Slowly add the cream and water to the KetoVie mix and keep stirring until fully combined.
- In a large frying pan, heat the 10g of oil on a medium to high heat.
- Spoon or pour the mix into the oil and try to swirl the mixture round the pan, by tilting the frying pan in circular motions, until it coats the whole of the base.
- Fry for a few minutes until bubbles appear and it looks like a skin has formed. If it is difficult to move, it usually means it’s not ready to flip. When ready, flip over and fry the other side. It can be a bit delicate so you could try sliding it onto the pan lid and then flipping it back into the pan, raw side down.
- While the other side is cooking, spread the spinach and cheese mixture over half the pancake. When the bottom of the second side is cooked, turn the empty half of the pancake to cover the spinach mixture and turn out onto a plate. Serve with salad.
Always consult your healthcare professional before trying any ketogenic recipe. Your dietitian can help you adjust this recipe to suit your dietary needs.