Low Protein Spinach & Cheese Pancake (PKU)
- Mix the baking mix with the water until any lumps have gone. Add a little salt and pepper (if you want to) and leave to stand for a minute or two.
- In a separate microwavable bowl place the frozen spinach nugget and cook on full power in the microwave for 30 seconds. Try and squeeze out any excess water with the back of a spoon and drain it away.
- Into the same bowl as the spinach, add the Violife Creamy and cook once more in the microwave, on full power for 30 seconds or until the Violife Creamy has just melted.
- Add the Smooth into the cheese mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Add the lemon juice to the bowl and crumble the Violife Greek Block, give it one last stir and set the bowl aside.
- In a frying pan, add ½ tsp of oil and heat on a medium to hot setting. If you have a pastry brush, use it to evenly coat the bottom of the frying pan.
- When the oil is hot, add your pancake mixture and rotate the frying pan in a circular motion to let the mixture spread over the whole pan.
- Cook for a few minutes until bubbles start to form and there is a slight skin on the batter. If the pancake is easy to move with either a little shake of the pan or a spatula, it is ready to flip.
- Flip the pancake over and then spread the spinach and cheese mixture over half of the pancake. By the time you have done this, the bottom should be cooked.
- Flip the empty half of the pancake over to cover the filling. If it looks a little pale, cook for a minute more, but flip the now semi-circular pancake to cook the other side too.
- Serve with either a salad or sweet potato fries.
*This does not include the calories and Phe/Exchanges or your low protein baking mix as they vary. Add separately.