Low Protein Fruit Pancake Tacos (PKU)
- Mix the Promin Sweet Pancake Mix with the 4 tablespoons of water until any lumps have gone and leave to stand for a minute or two. Place the yoghurt in a bowl and stir in the Smooth. Set aside.
- Using a small frying pan, place on a medium to hot heat and add the oil.
- If you have a pastry brush, use it to evenly coat the bottom of the frying pan.
- Add half of the pancake batter and rotate the frying pan in a circular motion to let the mixture spread over the whole pan.
- Cook for a few minutes until bubbles start to form and there is a slight skin on the batter.
- If the pancake is easy to move with either a little shake of the pan or a spatula, it is ready to flip.
- Cook the other side for a minute or two and then place the pancake onto a plate.
- Repeat the process with the remaining pancake batter and place onto the plate once cooked.
- Both pancakes should fit side by side on a plate so you can fill them both at the same time. Spoon half of the Smooth mixture down the centre of each pancake and then fill with the fruit. Fold up the sides and eat like a taco!
*This does not include the calories and Phe/Exchanges or your low protein pancake mix as they vary. Add separately.