See All Recipes
Santa’s Sugar Cookies (PKU)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, icing sugar and Smooth together until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract, cornflour/cornstarch, and salt and stir until combined.
- In batches, add the rice flour until a dough is formed and all the rice flour has been used.
- Add the water 1 tbsp at a time until the dough holds its shape and isn’t dry and crumbly. Wrap in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 1 hour (you can skip this step but you may find it difficult to handle the dough and roll it out).
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C and have a lined baking tray ready.
- On a clean, dry, surface, lightly dust with flour. Roll the dough into a sausage shape and cut into 4 equal pieces. Place a quarter into the palm of your hand and mould into a ball. Using a rolling pin, gently roll each ball into a circle measuring around 3 inches or approx 7.5cm. All of the dough must be used. You can smooth the edges of the circle by patting it with your hands.
- Place the cookies onto a lined baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies just start to colour around the edges.
- Leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, decorate with icing and sprinkles.