See All Recipes
Gingerbread Rice Crisp Treat (PKU)
- Line a small square or rectangle pan with greaseproof paper or alternatively you can use a large muffin case.
- Weigh all your ingredients out and have them ready to use (the spices can be mixed together).
- Put the Glytactin BUILD 20/20 Smooth powder and the boiling water into a saucepan and thoroughly mix (don’t worry about any lumps).
- Turn the heat on low (just under medium) and add the butter to slowly melt into the Smooth mixture, stirring continuously.
- When the butter has melted, add the marshmallows and stir gently until they have dissolved into a paste. This can take around 5 minutes under the gentle heat.
- Remove from the heat and quickly add all of the spices and stir until combined, then immediately add the rice crisp cereal and gently fold to coat all of the pieces of cereal. The mixture should clump together and be easily moulded.
- Place the mixture into the lined pan or muffin case and gently press into shape with a spoon. If your pan is too big, you can use a spatula or the spoon to form a rectangle and it should hold its shape.
- Leave to cool and set for at least 10 minutes before eating.