See All Recipes
Low Protein Tomato & Basil Soup (PKU)
- Chop the onion, garlic and tomatoes.
- In a saucepan, fry the onions, garlic and 1 tbsp. olive oil on a high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and basil and stir for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add 100ml of boiling water to the stock cube, stir until completely dissolved, and then add to the pan. Stir for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes, lightly season with salt & pepper and then blend with a hand blender or pour into a regular blender.
- Serve with your favourite toasted low protein bread or on its own.
Medical notice: This recipe is intended for patients with phenylketonuria (PKU). Any Cambrooke products in this video are for the dietary management of PKU, and should be used under medical supervision.