See All Recipes
Low Protein Fruit Cupcakes (PKU)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the baking powder and mix. Add the flour and mix.
- Gradually stir in the milk and water until a thick liquid paste is formed. If it is too thick, add a little more water or milk until you have achieved the constancy you want (see the video to see how thick the mixture should be – the amount of liquid you need can depend on the flour used).
- Add the food colouring and stir until evenly distributed throughout.
- Line a cupcake tray and distribute the mixture between 6 medium-large cupcake cases or 8-10 small.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Test the cake batter by inserting a knife into the centre. If it comes out clean, it is ready.
- To make the icing, melt the butter and gradually add it to the icing sugar. If it is too thick, add a little bit of water at a time and stir. If it is too runny, add more icing sugar until you get the thick paste consistency you prefer. Add to the cakes, and then place the sliced fruit on top. Enjoy!