See All Recipes
Low Protein Jolly Jackfruit Rice Boats (PKU)
- Drain half the tin of jackfruit and place in a bowl. Using your fingers, squeeze and tear the jackfruit into strips to look like pulled duck. Place the jackfruit to one side.
- Put the oil into a frying pan and turn the heat on high. While the oil is heating up, place a piece of kitchen towel on a plate. When the oil is hot (you can test with a small piece of rice paper) add a piece of rice paper and using tongs almost immediately flip it over (this helps prevent the piece from completely curling up). It only takes a few seconds for the rice paper to puff up and then you can remove from the heat and place onto the kitchen towel. Repeat with the remaining 3 pieces.
- When you have finished the rice boats, use the same pan (with the oil still in the pan) and add the torn jackfruit. Fry for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the sticky plum sauce and Glytactin BUILD 20/20 Smooth and stir until fully combined. It will be lumpy at first but keep stirring to fully combine the mixture. Add the cider vinegar and continue to cook on low heat for a further 5 minutes. Stir occasionally to make sure the mixture doesn’t stick and burn.
- While the jackfruit is cooking, slice the cucumber and spring onion into strips about 5cm long.
- Remove the kitchen roll from under the fried rice boats and spoon the jackfruit mixture into them. Top with the sliced vegetables and serve immediately or the rice boats will turn chewy.