Low Protein Festive Finnish Salad (PKU)
- All your vegetables and fruit should be diced into small 1 cm pieces.
- Place the diced sweet potato and the carrot into a microwaveable bowl and cook for 2 minutes or until just tender. Put aside to cool while you make the rest of the salad or place it into cold water to cool quickly – you may need to replace the cold water a few times.
- In a large bowl, add the diced beetroot, onion, apple, capers and gherkins and stir in the cooled sweet potato and carrots.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the Glytactin BUILD 20/20 Smooth, yoghurt, beetroot juice, apple cider vinegar, and salt and pepper until well combined.
- Gently fold in the Smooth yoghurt mix into the chopped salad. Serve immediately.
* If you wish to prep this ahead then make the salad and sauce and refrigerate in their separate bowls. Add the sauce to the salad just before serving.